Skip to content

WiiFlash 0.4.2 release with Balance Board Support !

WiiFlash

We are happy to introduce this new WiiFlash Server 0.4.2 release.

So what’s new ?

This 0.4.2 release is supporting the new Balance Board.

You will find a new org.wiiflash.BalanceBoard class with some cool properties like totalKg, bottomLeftKg, bottomRightKg, topLeftKg, topRightKg or centerOfGravity.

WiiFlashServerJ should support it very soon ;)

Make sure to download the latest version, I have included a Balance Board Demo.fla in the downloadable package so that you can get started with this new Balance Board feature ;)

Note : To synchronize the Balance Board, use the exact same procedure as you would do synchronize a Wiimote. Press the “Sync” button near the batteries then browse for bluetooth devices.
The Balance Board will show up as a traditional Wiimote.

Let me know your feedbacks trough the comments.

Time for butt shaking now !

{ 16 } Comments

1. uranodai | August 11, 2008 at 4:02 pm | Permalink

Wow!!

2. Mike | August 11, 2008 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

Thanks! Great Work!

3. Yuri | August 12, 2008 at 3:12 am | Permalink

Yay, yay, hooray!!! Gonna go check it out now – could not wait to get to play with it, thank you very much for publishing it!!! :-)

4. AUser | August 13, 2008 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Sadly when using the program on Vista x64, the WiiFlash Server can not see the Wiimote connected.
    I hope this will be fixed so that development on Vista can move foward.

5. Thibault Imbert | August 13, 2008 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

Hi AUser,

Interesting, I will see what I can do as soon as possible.

I will keep you informed here.

Did you try on any other Windows version ? Does it work for you on XP for instance ?

best,

Thibault

6. uranodai | September 3, 2008 at 4:01 am | Permalink

WiiFlash 0.4.2 is very cool!
    I made Google Maps Street View x Barance Board Mashup App by WiiFlash.
    Thank you !

7. Chrisse | September 11, 2008 at 7:26 am | Permalink

Hello!
    I tried to start the server, but the .exe simply doesn´t open. Is there any known reason for this?

8. Thibault Imbert | September 11, 2008 at 10:51 am | Permalink

Hi Chrisse,

Make sure you have installed the .NET runtime 3.0, if not sure if you have it installed download it here :

let me know !

best,

Thibault

9. Chrisse | September 15, 2008 at 6:51 am | Permalink

Hi Thibault!
    Thanks for your advice! Since I installed the .NET 3.0 the 0.3 version of the WiiFlash-server works, but the newest one (0.4) doesnt open. I klick and klick and nothing happens. And when I try the examples in Flash with the WiiRemote connencted by the 0.3 version they don´t work properly. Strange …
    best wishes!
    Chrisse

10. Chrisse | September 15, 2008 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

Okay, everything is fine now. It works since I downloaded .NET 30.
    Big Thanks!
    Chrisse

11. Phil | September 24, 2008 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

One question: I just tested the demo included and it’s great!
    But before buying a second wii balance, could you confirm me that it’s possible to pair 2 wii balances?
    And is-it possible to develop a wiiflash program working with 2 wii balances?

Thanks and congratulations for this amazing job!!

12. Pek Pongpaet | March 6, 2009 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

I think this is great but for the life of me, I can’t seem to get the Wii Balance board to work. I am on a MacBook Pro using the Java server. I can get a wiimote to pair and connect – apps run fine. The balance board is a different story. The flash server detects it when it connects but it can’t / doesn’t get any data. Not sure what I have to do.

13. annie | February 25, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

Does anybody know if I need to press the red sync button everytime that I start windows, in order to connect the balance to the flash server?

14. trent | April 12, 2010 at 12:21 am | Permalink

Hey, I’m having the same problem as Phil. I can connect the wiimote but am having no luck with the balance board. I’ve tested on an iMac and a macbook pro using WiiFlash 0.4.5. I’m not trying to connect multiple devices, just the balance board. Any tips?

Thanks.

15. andrea | November 28, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Permalink

hello, I worked only once, all the other times he does not understand the weight and remains stuck at-307kg

16. chigbo | December 15, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

Hi Thibault Imbert ,

I designed a shooting game which I want to play using balance board.
    Could you explain to me how I can access the topLeftKg,topTightkg, bottomLeftKg and bottomRightKg of the balance board?
    Thanks